Another nice bike we recently acquired offered for sale today. It is a De Rosa from the mid 1980’s I believe. Dating these bikes is a bit difficult because frame features overlap and sometimes old fittings were used on newer bikes. Plus De Rosa was never really a high output operation until more modern times, focusing more on custom builds or bikes for racing teams / individuals. The frame is built with Columbus tubing. it also has the sloping fork crown which is an 80’s feature as well as the recessed, six slotted BB shell. The bike has all its original paint and decals, including the Trophee Super Prestige Arc En Ciel decal on the top tube with Eddy Merckx’s name and the dates of 1973-1975. The measurements are as follows:
- 53 CM CTC seat tube
- 54CM CTC top tube
- 30 1/2″ stand over height with air in the tires.
- Campagnolo SR seat post 27.2
- Bontrager saddle.
- Campagnolo seat binder bolt
- Campagnolo SR rear derailleur Pat.82
- Campagnolo braze-on front NR derailleur with 3 hole cage.
- Campagnolo 172.5mm SR cranks 1982 date code 52/42 ring combo
- Campagnolo Super Leggeri pedals (not titanium spindle)
- Campagnolo SR bottom bracket (not titanium spindle) Italian thread
- Campagnolo SR braze-on DT shifters
- Modolo brakes / levers intern. pat. 10151, levers are drilled with original ergo hoods, non-aero
- Campagnolo C-Record headset with SR alloy spacer.
- Campagnolo low flange record hubs 36 hole, laced to dark ano. Mavic Open 4 CD rims.
- Specialized 700 X 23 pro kevlar tires.
- Cinelli 1A stem ( 90mm) flying C logo.
- Cinelli Mod. Giro D Italia bars 40 CM wide, crest logo
I took the bike fr a brisk test ride, and it feels great, ready to ride. Although I would suggest tuning it up at your LBS. Bike is sold as is. Please contact me at: email@example.com with any questions.
Cost is $900.00
Shipping and handling will be $100.00 via FedEx ground service in the USA. local pick up is fine too.