This is another excellent road bike offered for sale here today. It is an early 1980’s Holdsworth Professional built with a mixed bag of components. It is built with Reynolds 531 double butted tubing and fork blades and Campagnolo drop outs and fork tips. The rear drive side drop out is drilled to accept the Campagnolo Porta Catena system, so that alone dates its production. That system was only available around 1981- 1983. The original decals are near perfect and the silver paint is nearly flawless. It reminds me of the classic Cinelli silver color, which aside from Molteni orange is my favorite color on a bike.
The measurements are as follows:
- Seat tube is 58 CM CTC
- Top tube is 57CM CTC
- Stand over height is 33 1/2″ (with air in the tires)
The components are:
- Mavic road hubs laced to unknown tubular (sew up) rims with Panaracer tires, they hold air.
- Campagnolo NR rear derailleur (pat. 81) has red Bullseye pulleys.
- Front Campagnolo NR derailleur (with lip)
- Campagnolo NR crank set (date code 82) and Campagnolo NR bottom bracket.
- Campagnolo clamp on down tube shifters.
- Suntour Superbe brake calipers and levers.
- Campagnolo NR headset.
- Campagnolo NR pedals (kind of crusty plating in areas)
- Campagnolo NR seat post 27,2.
- Campagnolo seat binder bolt.
- Brooks Professional saddle in well cared for condition (leather has been treated)
- Specialized bars 42 CM CTC wide and Specialized 80mm extension stem.
- White padded bar tape with Velox bar plugs.
- Serial number: 029822 stamped on BB shell
The bike is in ready to ride condition. I gave it a brief, aggressive test ride, and it feels great! Very responsive and great handling bike. please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for price or with questions. buyer pays actual shipping cost. Local pick up is fine or we can deliver to upcoming swap meets in Tuckerton, NJ or memory lane.